1983 - 1988 TX Axle Brace 8.8" Rear End T-Bird/Cougar
All of the features of our highly successful Mustang T/S 8.8 Axle brace with the added strength of our Differential Girdle Tie-In Plate!
Reduce the twisting and deflection of the 8.8 rear axle housing with our Extreme Duty CHE Mustang T/X 8.8 Axle Brace.
Fits 79-2004 Ford Mustang with the 8.8" Rear Axle Housing except Cobra IRS and the 83-88 Thunderbird & Cougar with the 8.8" Axle Housing. Will not clear the stock swaybar on the Lincoln Mark VII.
Completely Bolt-in (some drilling required). No welding is needed.
Please Note: Colors other than black ship in 7-10 days. Please specify color upon ordering. Black is standard, custom colors include an added charge.
- Heavy wall 1" DOM Round Tubing for maximum rigidity
- CNC Cut flanges and reinforcements
- High quality Grade 8 Installation Hardware
- Unique design eliminates flex and twisting both horizontally and vertically
- Completely triangulates the axle
- One piece main axle brace design for the ultimate in strength with removable differential plate
- The brace is integrated into the differential cover for added strength with a removable plate for easy access to differential and ring & pinion without removal of brace
- Integrated tie-down points provide a convenient location for trailer tie-down
- Center hole allows for custom jacking point
- Design allows use of all popular brands and styles of differential girdles including LPW, T/A, Moser, Summit, Ford Racing, MAC, & Others (Girdles sold separately)
- Will fit any Mustang/Thunderbird using an 8.8 solid rear axle